Knight Brown Nature Day
Celebrate Earth Day a little early and spend a special morning at Knight Brown Nature Preserve to engage your family in the wonders of nature.
Each year PLC’s hosts dozens of public school students and other groups at the preserve to learn about nature. On Saturday, April 14th you can experience some of what these students do and help us do even more environmental education.
The first ever Knight Brown Nature Day is part of our Hike-A-Thon fundraiser and includes professionally led hikes and activities. All proceeds from your registration will support future field trips for local schools and other educational programs at Knight Brown. Thank you for helping us connect more kids to nature!
Your registration includes:
- a pair of awesome Farm to Feet hiking socks
- a cool PLC “I Hike For The Land” hat
- Your choice of expert led hiking experince
- Snacks and water
- A kid’s eco-craft project at the PLC tent
- A one-year membership with Piedmont Land Conservancy
- Through Kids’ Eyes – a kid-oriented walk with Tom Sheppard, certified environmental educator from Piedmont Environmental Center. Sure to be a fun adventure while learning all about the woods around us.
- Up Close with Nature – a botanical hike with PLC staff to learn the technical names for plants and their significance in the preserve.
- Nature Journaling with __. Learn the art of slowing down, peacefully reflecting, and recording your thoughts in the quiet of nature.
- Creek Crawl with creek expert Henry Fansler. Learn why “buggy is better” and what health creeks mean for our ecosystem.
- Go it Alone! You are always welcome to explore the 3 miles of trails on your own then come back to the trail head for refreshments and crafts.