Registration now open!
Hike for the land! By popular demand we’ve moved our annual hiking fundraiser to the spring. Challenge yourself to hike from the Pilot Creek access all the way to the overlook at Pilot Mountain State Park. Your registration cost will help Piedmont Land Conservancy protect more important places and our sponsors will say thanks with a fun goody bag of stuff, including a pair of Farm to Feet hiking socks and a Hike-A-Thon hat.
Want to do even more good for conservation efforts in our community? You can choose to ask family and friends to sponsor your hike and earn prizes when you reach fundraising milestones. Prizes include Great Outdoor Provision Co. gift cards and tumblers and coolers from YETI.
- A recommended trail route will be provided on our registration site, though participants can choose to hike any distance they wish.
- The Pilot Creek trailhead is on Boyd Nelson Rd off Shoals Rd and the HWY 268 exit of US 52. Hikers must park at Boyd Nelson Rd.
- A shuttle will be available at the upper parking lot of the park for those who do not want to hike back to the Pilot Creek parking area (Out and back would total around 10 miles).
- Trail runners are also welcome.
- Per park policy: pets are permitted so long as they are on an attended leash no longer than 6 feet and under the constant control of the owner, and on all pedestrian trails.