Careers with PLC
PLC is currently hiring a Director of Communications and Engagement.
Piedmont Land Conservancy is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Director of Communications and Engagement
Job Announcement 10/1/2021
Job Title: Director of Communications & Engagement
Reports To: Executive Director
Works Primarily With: Executive Director, Development Director, Conservation Planner, Piedmont Legacy Trails Coordinator
Type of Position: Full-time (40 hours/week).
Deadline: Applications preferred by October 31, 2022.
The Director of Communications & Engagement is the lead staff position for PLC’s communications, marketing and engagement efforts. The primary purpose of the position is to increase community awareness of PLC’s work and support the organization’s development and land protection programs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of a Communications Plan and manage a Master Communications Calendar to support PLC’s strategic initiatives.
- Manage and create content PLC’s social media channels and website.
- Manage the content, creation and distribution process of Landlines, PLC’s paper newsletter (3-4 per year) and annual Impact Report.
- Manage the content, creation and distribution process of PLC’s monthly e-newsletter.
- Serve as PLC’s co-staff liaison to the Board’s PR & Development Committee.
- Develop a system to monitor and evaluate PLC’s various communication methods to ensure our efforts are efficient and effective.
- Assist land protection and development staff with creation and distribution of press releases.
- Assess and evaluate PLC’s internal communication methods and assist with continued improvement.
- Plan, coordinate and implement PLC outings to engage the community in our work.
- Create content, design and develop items such as digital media, blog posts, brochures one-pagers, informational packets, invitations, cards and other communication tools.
Essential Job Requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
Experience: 3-5 years of communications experience in a nonprofit organization, academic institution, public agency or corporate setting.
- A personal commitment to the mission of Piedmont Land Conservancy.
- Excellent team member – ability to work with others, respect for all team members and ability to foster and maintain an enjoyable, rewarding and productive workplace.
- People skills – must have an ability to interact with individuals from different backgrounds, ages and socio-economic levels in a manner that positively reflects the values of PLC.
- Self-motivation – comfortable working independently on multiple projects simultaneously, strong organizational and time management skills, a commitment to accuracy and integrity in all aspects of the job.
- Communication skills – strong speaking, writing and listening skills, an ability to effectively communicate the importance of PLC’s work to current and prospective donors, and a high comfort level for speaking in front of large groups.
- Technical skills – General office and computer skills are required. Familiarity with WordPress website management and email marketing. Ability to manage and create engaging social media content currently including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Linked In.
- Creative Skills – Strong visual design, creative messaging and story-telling skills.
- Travel – independent travel within PLC’s nine-county region is common; overnight travel is rare and limited primarily to conferences and professional development opportunities.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Paid annual leave.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Simple IRA with company contribution, currently 3% of salary.
- Flexible workplace and scheduling.
- Mileage reimbursement for travel.
Please send resumes to:
Piedmont Land Conservancy
Attn: Executive Director
P.O. Box 4025
Greensboro, NC 27404
Connect with us on Social Media
Support Piedmont Land Conservancy
Help us protect more land by making a donation.